We are excited to announce that Great Neck Opticians will again see patients starting in June. As plans for reopening economies and cities continue to make headlines, we continue to monitor national, state and local guidance to understand the implications for Great Neck Opticians as we work through detailed plans to welcome back our patients and their families in the days ahead. We remain steadfast in our commitment to promote health and safety for all our community, patients and staff. As we adjust our schedules and office flow to support recommendations by the CDC, OSHA and NYSOA, we ask for your patience and understanding as we move through different phases of reopening.
For the month of June GNO will be operating on a limited schedule. We can always be reached at email@example.com. Here is what you can expect from GNO during this time:
- OFFICE PROTOCOLS: ALL PATIENTS must wear a FACE MASK of any type at the entirety of the stay before entering and sanitizing hands upon entry. A face mask will be provided if necessary. Upon arrival, each patient may be asked specific COVID-19 screening questions. ALL STAFF and DOCTORS will be using a face mask and gloves during all phases of their visit. Our countertops will have a physical shield to help protect both our patients and staff.
- DISINFECTION/SANITIZATION PROTOCOLS: All surfaces and equipment used will be sanitized daily and in between each patient as indicated. We allot enough time between visits to sanitize the exam room. All pens used by a patient/staff will be placed in a special bin after each use to be sanitized at the end of each day. All tried on frames will be disinfected and sanitized before going back to the board/showcase.
- OCCUPANCY LIMIT: No more than four to five patients/customers visit the store at a given time. Our waiting areas will have chairs spaced apart appropriately to help observe proper SOCIAL DISTANCING. Each patient is to contact us by phone when arriving for an appointment or pick up before entering. Curbside drop off is available. Furthermore, to help maintain social distancing we ask for companions to wait in the car or outside of the office. One parent/guardian/aid can accompany a minor or a patient in need of assistance.
- PRE-REGSTRATION: We will gather information through as many contactless ways as possible. You will be asked to register online by visiting our website gnopticians.com before arriving at your scheduled appointment.
- SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS: Examinations are by appointment only, unless it is an emergency or at the discretion of the doctor. Scheduled appointments will be followed strictly. We ask you to contact the office from your car when you arrive before entering. If scheduled appointments do not show and are not canceled within 24 hours’ fees may apply.
- RESCHEDULING: We will be contacting patients to reschedule missed appointments due to COVID19 office closure. Late arrivals will need to reschedule or wait in the car until a time slot is available. Please contact us as soon as you can if you cannot keep the appointment as we have a waiting list. If you wake up feeling sick the day of your appointment, please notify us immediately and we will help you reschedule your exam.
As we welcome all back to Great Neck Opticians amid these uncertain times and as we all learn to navigate the new norms, be certain we are taking all the necessary precaution and safety measures to make your visit with us safe, enjoyable and worry free. We will also continue to provide services via telemedicine (virtual consultation via a video visit at gnopticians.com) if you would prefer to be seen from your home. Please continue to visit our website, follow us on google and social media for ongoing updates.
Drs. Eleonora and Yelena and Staff wish for you and your families stay healthy and safe.